13 January, 2008

Takin' It Easy

I decided to take it easy and just screw around today. It's amazing how trying to keep this blog going full speed has turned gaming into work. I get way more accomplished at home than I do from nine to five.

I tried a bunch of the Indie Games' list of best freeware games. I didn't care for most of them, so I'm not going to write them up.

Frozzd


The Pitch: Collect the little fire guys to fight the ice guys, while running upside down on giant snowballs.

My Opinion: Simple fun. Good for kids.

Gore

Just kidding. This one isn't free, though it should be. I played it on GameTap in god mode, just to run around and shoot stuff for no reason. It was released three years after Quake 3 and looks like a Quake 2 mod. But just look at that picture. That's blood and chunks coming off of me as I have a chainsaw fight with a bunch of skeletons. Is that not the very definition of awesome? :)


No comments: