02 January, 2008

Even More IGF Finalists

Whew! Still plowin' through 'em.

poesysteme


The Premise: Populate an ecosystem with words and watch them interact.

My Opinion: It's more of an experiment than a game. I got bored after a minute or two and moved on.

Polarity

The Premise: Use magnetism to get your little avatar through a maze.

My Opinion: It doesn't run, and there's no forum or FAQ or other help on the web site.

Rückblende (Flashback)

The Premise: Wander around a house, viewing memories.

My Opinion: It's not really a game, per se. But I enjoyed watching the animation.

Synaesthete


The Premise: Avoid enemies while playing Frequency (hit the correct buttons in time with the music) to shoot.

My Opinion: It's like rubbing your stomach and patting your head. Usually I just found an easy part of the rhythm to play along with and ran away from stuff. The novelty of it saw me through to the end, but I worry that, like Serious Sam, running backwards while shooting might become tiresome after much more.

Foamzilla

The Premise: Terrorize people as a giant foam monster.

My Opinion: I looked at the videos on YouTube and decided it wasn't worth installing UT2k4 just to look at. I thought about downloading the walkthrough movie, but at the speed it was downloading, it was going to take just as long. :P

Flipside


The Premise: Flip the world from happy to evil to solve puzzles and progress.

My Opinion: Nice art, but bad controls and scads of cheap one hit kills make it only for the masochistic. I didn't bother to finish it.

No comments: