15 September, 2007

Keepalive

The blog isn't dead (again). It may well die, but it's not dead yet. Gaming's still in my thoughts. And I am still gaming. I'm playing God Hand and Sam & Max: Season One for review. I thought about reviewing the individual episodes, but they really don't feel like entire games to me. I'm also busier at work, even staying late occasionally, so that slows me down some. And last but not least, there's my life pacing.

On a good night, I can fit in a couple hours of God Hand. Then it's WoW or Sam & Max to wind down (mostly WoW as I like to be able to finish an episode of Sam & Max at a sitting), then bed. Good nights have been hard to find lately as I've been spending time with friends and family and on a couple side projects (a homemade birthday present and a costume for a costume party).

Never fear though. "Everyone I know goes away, in the end." The party is tonight. My only Sunday commitment is working box office for a play. I'll deliver the present on Monday. And I'm most of the way through God Hand already. In fact, I'm already thinking about what to play after God Hand. I'm thinking I'd like to keep one action game and one slower paced game in the rotation so I can always have adrenaline and serotonin on tap.

I'm also thinking I'd like to be able to time it so I can start playing the few scary games I have (Manhunt, Undying, and King Kong) near the end of October. Wheels within wheels. :)

I also finally reprogrammed my n52 for Joint Ops. It is so much nicer than using the keyboard. Between the stances, vision mods, vehicle seating, voice and radio chat, and weapon keys, a keyboard really isn't the right tool for the job. I just wish Joint Ops could recognize my fourth and fifth mouse buttons.

I'm also programming some chat macros for WoW. I'm putting things like /attacktarget /incoming and such on the D-pad, but I doubt I'll ever use them. But that's really a separate post.

No comments: